Monday, April 18, 2011

First Landing- Just Pictures

A Piping Plover, probably a female due to the incomplete collar.


Race Point North, the northernmost beach of the Cape (and a short bike ride from my house!)


Some lovely sticks and stones, artistically placed by a passerby or the hand of mother nature (she's a great artist.)

My shack. Had to take my strange yellow thrift store find down due to high winds.

A cranberry bog among the dunes. The cranberry plant is the little red stuff on the bottom edge.

Some sweet blooming cryptobiotic soil crust.

The Wood End lighthouse and a salt marsh from the breakwater off of the tip of Provincetown. I only noticed the storm cloud coming after I was over halfway out- so that's why everyone was going the other way....

A gorgeous sunset after a long day of exploring the Cape.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a really beautiful place. I wish I had given you my camera to take (with telescopic lens!). You'd probably get more use out of it than me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures, Aly!

    ReplyDelete